Wednesday 10 April 2013

He Waits.

I have a random thought for anyone who happens to read this. I finished Grace for the Good Girl tonight, and one line stuck out to me. The author is talking about a car accident, and she says "I waited for the anxiety to pass. It didn't. Not for a long time, anyway. So I waited. He waited too." This struck me as so profound, and so beautiful. That when we are waiting for peace, or for joy, He is too. He is with us, even if we do not feel it. I was reading in John, the third chapter near the end (which doesn't get read as much because people get stuck on 3:16). John the Baptist is talking about Jesus and He says "for God gives the Spirit without limit" or in another translation "does not give the Spirit by measure." This too really struck me. God doesn't give us just part of His Spirit, wait till we pray the right number of prayers and then give us some more. No! He gives freely, and we have that Spirit working in us, all of it, all-sufficient for us, speaking words of truth, directing where we should go, bringing us to our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe there is beauty, value, and yes, even necessity, in Christian community... so, if you would like to leave me a comment with your thoughts, I would love to hear from you. By God's grace, we'll ponder this life together...