Saturday 16 February 2013

Hello, my name is...


Hello. My name is Sarah and I am new blogger.

I don't really know where to start or how to start, but I guess since this is my blog and I doubt many people will read it, it doesn't make much of a difference! That thought is a little freeing actually. I started this because I end up writing my thoughts down anyway, and I thought maybe blogging would give me a sort of structure (as opposed to the current system of random word documents, sticky notes, and scrap pieces of paper).

A little bit about me and this blog... I'm from a family of 8, I grew up on a dairy farm, and I'm in my fourth year of obtaining B.A. and B.Ed. degrees. I love children, have a passion for education, and a passion for people in general. Relationships with those around me are really important to me, but my relationship with my Father in heaven is most important to me.

I named this blog "Brokenness Aside" based off of a song by All Sons and Daughters. The chorus goes like this:
"I am a sinner,
If it's not one thing it's another,
Caught up in words,
Tangled in lies.
You are a Saviour,
And you take Brokenness Aside,
And make it beautiful,
Beautiful."

I was a sinner; I was and am saved by grace, completely undeserved. For some reason, God loves me and saved me. But sometimes that sin catches up with me and I fall.

Something God is always showing me is that He picks us back up again and we grow. He is our Saviour who takes brokenness aside and makes it beautiful. This is what drives life, in all of its paradox and brokenness and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe there is beauty, value, and yes, even necessity, in Christian community... so, if you would like to leave me a comment with your thoughts, I would love to hear from you. By God's grace, we'll ponder this life together...